This course is part of a series of student support courses that the Teaching & Learning Centre has put together for students. These Student Support (SS) courses contain tips and recommendations that we believe will be useful in students' learning at UniSIM.
The use of iStudyGuide is integral to the learning experience at UniSIM. In particular, it serves as one of students' first point-of-contact with the courses in their programmes. This course guides students on how to manage their learning through the iStudyGuide.
- Learn about the organization of content in the iStudyGuide.
- Study skills that could be applied when using the iStudyGuide.
- Practise using the technical functions of the iStudyGuide reader.
- Note taking function of the iStudyGuide
Knowledge and understanding (Theory component)
- Identify the learning components of the iStudyGuide and their uses.
- Identify and demonstrate of the use of technical functions of the iStudyGuide readers.
- Explain how to incorporate the technical functions in learning.
- Discuss and expand on the list of study skills that are essential for undergraduate studies.
Key Skills (Practical component)
- Use the technical functions in the iStudyGuide readers in learning.
- Apply reading, listening, note-taking and learning interaction skills for learning through the technical function of the iStudyGuide readers.
Course Developer and Manager
Dr. Henry Khiat
Lecturer, Teaching and Learning Centre
Dr Henry Khiat oversees Student Learning and Study Support (modules, face-to-face sessions); Learning Resources (e-posts, library and online resources).
This self-paced online course contains a variety of videos and practices to help you learn the content. You do not need to complete the entire course at in a single attempt. You can always revisit the content at a later time.