As an undergraduate student enrolled in an English-medium university, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding through assignments and examinations written in English. This course presents some of the operational aspects and essential skills necessary for producing written work of the required standard. The purpose of each unit is to familiarise you with specific skills of writing to enable you to produce coherent and cohesive written assignments.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- identify, select and synthesise sources for inclusion in assignments;
- recognise and apply specific features of introductions;
- recognise and apply specific features of paragraphs;
- recognise and apply specific features of conclusions;
- present ideas coherently and cohesively throughout a written assignment; and
- employ appropriate skills to arrange, develop and draft written academic assignments.
There are six Study Units in this course and they are sequenced as follows.
Study Unit 1: Preparing to Write an Assignment
Study Unit 2: Writing an Introduction
Study Unit 3: Writing Paragraphs
Study Unit 4: Writing a Conclusion
Study Unit 5: Writing Logically
Study Unit 6: Writing an Assignment
The course require you to submit two Written Assignments by 15 April and 2 May respectively. The writing assignments will be graded and feedback will be provided.
A Certification of Completion will be made available if you pass the course. The passing grade for this course is 50%.
This is a self-paced online course.
The course contains a variety of practices and useful resources to help you learn the content. You do not need to complete the entire course at in a single attempt. You can always revisit the content at a later time.